We are an alliance of more than 50 European public and private organisations, covering the whole tourism value chain and beyond. Together we call on the European Union for action on key policy priorities for the sector.
Why we came together
In recent years we have witnessed fewer actions related to tourism and decreasing support from the EU policy makers, namely:
– The tourism sector does not receive sufficient funding from the European Union compared to its social and economic value and positive impacts
– The European Commission’s 2010 Communication on Tourism requires an urgent update in light of the changing nature of our society and the new challenges and opportunities for the sector
– The Tourism Unit of DG GROW in the European Commission has lost budget and human resources, significantly reducing the Commission’s role in supporting Member States and tourism stakeholders
The issues impacting the tourism sector are transnational and pan-European. Tourism needs a centralised approach and support in order to continue thriving. This is the reason why all players of the European tourism sector come together as ONE VOICE – the European Tourism Manifesto. Discover all supporting organisations.
Tourism in Europe to continue being a key driver for sustainable growth and job creation, fostering and promoting European values, cultural diversity, European way of life and EU citizenship on a global scale.
What we do
– We represent the tourism sector towards the policy makers at EU level
– We provide our expertise to help the EU institutions formulate adequate legislation
– We act as a think-and-do tank, exchanging ideas, discussing opportunities and acting on common issues